About admin

This author has not yet filled in any details.
So far admin has created 20 blog entries.

Brandwacht Farmstead

Subtle restoration of homestead, wine-cellar and semi-rural landscape from a state of near-dereliction. The interior of the homestead was remodelled in the 1950’s by local Bauhaus-trained architect Pius Pahl. These features were retained.

House Acton

Residence built on vacant site with very onerous development and height restrictions, optimized to capture the breath-taking views of the bay and mountains beyond.

Stellenbosch University: Concrete Laboratory, Department of Civil Engineering

Courtyard infill building for extended laboratory facilities optimized to facilitate circulation across building wings on all levels, and provide a new ‘face’ for the Civil Engineering Department.

Lutheran Church, Strand Street, Cape Town

Advisor to the Church for motivating the declaration of the historic building and site as a National Heritage Site, including formulating the outline for an Integrated Conservation Management Plan.

Ellerman House

Upgrading of suites and back-of-house facilities with very restrictive spatial constraints, within a very limited time-frame.

New taxi rank and traders market, Stellenbosch

New public transport facilities and informal traders market on historic square developed after extensive consultation with respective stakeholders, for Stellenbosch Municipality.

Bletterman Annexe

With L&L Architects

Remodelling of restaurant/food market facilities in structure designed and constructed by our practice in 2003.

House BL Williams

New residence with restrictive development constraints on a vacant site, with client requiring privacy as far as possible within the suburban context, and unlimited views across the bay.

Land-en-Zeezicht, Somerset West

Restoration guidelines for the historic Cape homestead, and Integrated Conservation Management Plan to guide development and preserve the landscape of the surrounding estate.


Continuous conservation and upgrading of heritage buildings on the historic farmstead, beginning in 1995.